- The new Appearance Designer by AestheTech has been added to Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, and the Republic and Imperial Fleets. This kiosk will allow players to modify any feature of their physical appearance, except gender, including taking on a whole new Species. Players can also use the kiosk to access and unlock brand new character customization options. Subscribers get a substantial discount on all Appearance Designer changes.
- Dye Modules are now available via Artifice Crafting, some vendors, and the Cartel Market. They function similar to other item modifications. More details under Items and Economy.
- Collections provides a one-stop interface which is accessible from the Inventory Window or Cartel Market and tracks many items available from the Cartel Market, Packs (Cartel and Contraband alike), Cartel Reputation, and even Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Pre-order, Collectors Edition, live fan events and more. More details under General.
New Unlockable Species!
Players of any Faction, Class, or gender can now play as the Cathar Species! Cathar can be purchased via the Cartel Market or directly through the Appearance Designer Kiosk on the Republic and Imperial Fleets and Capital Worlds.
Players now have the ability to purchase a Name Change for Character, Legacy, and Guild from the Cartel Market.
Hot off the presses tonight is the patch 5.3 PTR Patch Notes. Right off the bat to quell any rumors — there is no indication of when the PTR will be active (other than soon), or when this patch is going to drop.
Some of the highlights of this patch thus far include:
- Gold Rush, a new battleground.
- Shado-Pan, a new arena.
- Major PvP changes. Largest in quite a while.
- Battle of the High Seas, Blood in the Snow, Dark Heart of Pandaria, The Secrets of Emberdeep — four, yes not one, not two, not three, but four new scenarios.
- Heroic difficulty for scenarios added, awards valor and a chance at Raid Finder quality items.
- You can now duel with your pets in dungeons and raids.
- Bonus rolls have a progressively better chance at awarding loot if you’ve used them and they turn up nothing.
- We can now pick a loot specalization that’s different than our current spec for LFR, Bonus Rolls, and Pandarian quests.
Blizzard just posted an updated set of patch notes for the 5.2 PTR. Included in the latest round of updates are the continuation of Wrathion’s legendary quest chain, some class changes, a whole mess of Pet Battle changes, and a few interesting tweaks to LFR that might just make that issue of players dropping groups a little less likely to occur.
To encourage LFR groups to stick around, each time a Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight, all players will get a stacking buff that increases health, damage, and healing done by 5%. This stacks up to 10 times.
Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell — Dagger in the Dark, and A Little Patience. As of 5.2, both factions will be able to complete both scenarios. No more faction limit!
Characters that have attained titles from the Rated Battleground system (Centurion, Knight-Champion, High Warlord, Grand Marshal, etc) will now be able to purchase old PvP items requiring those titles.
You can see the full list of patch notes at the official site.
Blizzard Community Manager Nethaera posted on the US forums today documenting a recent update to WoW, bringing the game up to patch 5.1.0a.
Notes for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria patch 5.1 can be found here.
Patch 5.1 hotfixes can be found here.
Pet Battle Abilities that use a shoot or missile animation will now properly display their visual effect.
Disabling Loss of Control in the Interface menu will now also disable the red cooldown swipes on the action bar in addition to the notification in the center of the screen. Loss of Control Alerts can be disabled in the Game Menu by going to Interface > Combat > and un-checking Loss of Control Alerts.
When Loss of Control Alerts are enabled, the red cooldown swipes will not be displayed for abilities that were already on cooldown and in situations where that cooldown will last longer than the loss of control.
Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms.
Objective icons in Scenarios will no longer incorrectly persist until the Scenario is complete.
Fixed an issue that could cause crashes during Pet Battles.
Fixed an issue that could cause a crash to occur during in-game cinematics in OSX v.10.6
The most interesting element of these notes to me is the updates to the loss of control notifications. Those red cooldown swipes, which didn’t seem to be present in the PTR, were seriously irritating to those of the playerbase who didn’t care for them, and couldn’t previously be switched off.
It will be interesting to see whether these fast patches are a sign of things to come, or simply a renaming of hotfixes!
The Guild Wars 2 forum has been updated with patch notes from the latest game update. Included in the update are fixes to several quests, WvW changes and class-specific updates.
- The Mistfire Wolf skill will now properly unlock for existing characters on an account after upgrading to Digital Deluxe.
- Fixed blocked events and skill challenges.
- Fixed bugs that allowed players to go around map edges.
- A number of items created by using Mystic Coins are now correctly set to level 80.
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Brute Force.”
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Research and Destroy.”
- Fixed bugs in story chapters “Forging the Pact,” “Battle of Fort Trinity,” “The Ghost Rite,” “On Red Alert,” and “Tower Down.”
- Score interval increased from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Stonemist Castle points reduced to 35 points from 50.
- Bonus thresholds reduced by half to prepare for one-week matches.
- Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.
- “Harpy Feathers” consumable effect disabled.
- Bridges fixed to make passable for NPCs.
- More fixes to pet commands and AI.
- Signet of Air: No longer has infinite range.
- Whirlpool: Now works underwater in PvE.
- Glyph of Renewal: Resurrection effects of Earth, Fire, and Water now surround the caster, not the target.
- Deception: Movement now allowed after casting underwater.
- Spatial Surge: Improved responsiveness.
- Mind Stab: Improved responsiveness.
- Made several more skills usable while moving: Brutal Banner, Compassionate Banner, and Furious Rally.
- Rush: Improved the ability to hit fleeing foes.
- Mighty Blow: Added a slight movement distance.
- Bow of Truth: Now usable while moving.
- Defender’s Shield and Honorable Shield: Merged together into the same trait.
- New trait Glacial Heart: Critical hits with a hammer have a 50% chance to chill your target for 4 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 45 seconds.
- Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%.
- Disabled the “stowing” auto-attack to prevent players from getting stuck holding these kits: Bomb Kit, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade Kit, Med Kit, and Tool Kit.